1. There are actually over 250 different shades of Amber (variations in color). This is one reason that no two pieces of Baltic Amber jewelry are alike.
2. Some interesting uses of Amber include its use in folk medicine, and as an ingredient in some perfumes. Scandinavians use it as a flavoring for their “Akvavit” liquor.
3. Amber is the lightest gem and feels warm when worn against the skin.
4. Some amber contains parts of preserved plants or insects that were trapped inside.
5. Storms on the Baltic Sea wash chunks of Baltic Amber ashore. There are large deposits of amber underneath the Baltic Sea.