1. What made you start Spark of Amber? Well, I was introduced to Baltic Amber jewelry by a friend (whose daughter had a beautiful Amber teething necklace). I was intrigued by the beauty of Baltic Amber and its claimed therapeutic, calming, and pain-relieving properties.
2. What makes Spark of Amber different from other websites that sell Amber? My primary target market is the United States. I really want to make Amber available and affordable in the United States. When I order Baltic Amber, it takes 20 days or longer (on average) to arrive, and most buyers really do not want to wait that long.
3. How do you know your Baltic Amber that you sell is “real” Amber? First, I only purchase from a few select sellers, who are located in Lithuania. I have a constant and open line of communication with them. I have tested the Baltic Amber I get from them, and am sure it is authentic.
4. Is there “fake” Amber out there? Probably. I got contacted by sellers in China, for example, offering me really “cheap” prices on “Baltic Amber” from their “factory”. I really doubt that they are selling authentic Baltic Amber. This is why I only purchase from Lithuanian sellers.
5. How long did you plan your business, before starting Spark of Amber? I am the kind of person who has many interests and a short attention span. I joke that I have ADD, but who knows, perhaps I do? Anyway, knowing my tendencies, I make it a practice to sleep on any “ideas” I get for a few weeks. Usually, the ideas go away, or I figure they weren’t so great. But, the idea for Spark of Amber was a lasting idea. I felt confident it would succeed long-term.
6. Do you ever worry about SparkofAmber.com succeeding? If someone asked me this in person, I would laugh a little and say, “yes, of course.” I’m really happy with how it has gone so far. I know I sell high quality amber jewelry and Amber Teething Necklaces. I know I offer great customer service. But, like any business owner, I am constantly thinking about ways to improve. I think anyone worries about their business succeeding.
7. Where would you like Spark of Amber to be in a year from now? I would love if we shipped out at more and more orders per day. I am constantly thinking of ways to increase our presence in search engines and get more traffic our website, and more business. I am pleased with the increasing number of fans on our Facebook page, and I hope more people follow us on Twitter. I also hope that my customers are pleased with their purchases and refer their friends to SparkofAmber.com.